Social and Emotional Support Resources for Families
WHERE TO TURN FOR HELP:
- for families who need assistance with utilities, meals, senior services, and much more. You may also call 211 to connect with UW.
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services COVID Line (general questions about COVID not specific to STL): 877-435-8411
- Stray Rescue has a , providing a bag of pet food for anyone in need.
- BJC is providing these Resources for Financial Assistance.
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri is available to assist with civil legal assistance. Their intake department is available from 8:30am to 5pm, M-F, at 314-534-4200 or toll-free, 800-444-0514. An online application is also avaialble 24/7: .
FREE MEALS (SAINT LOUIS SCHOOLS' PANDEMIC MEAL PLAN):
- The District is distributing free, 7-day meal kits for families on Mondays. Click on the flyers for locations and hours: English ♦ Spanish ♦ Bosnian ♦ Swahili ♦ Arabic ♦ Vietnamese
- is available to report any suspicions of child abuse or neglect. Call 800-392-3738.
- has resources for helping children and families cope with social distancing and to prevent panic. NCTSN's parent/caregiver guide to help families cope with COVID-19 is available here.
- Additionally, the on how to talk to children about COVID-19.
- offers information, activities, and tips for parents, including this resource on "."
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES:
- BHR (Behavioral Health Response) offers confidential telephone counseling to people in mental health crises, as well as mobile outreach services, community referral services and critical incident stress management: 314-469-6644,